Thursday 13 September 2012

Officially a Clickworker


In a bid to try a make some money doing something other than arranging hangers and folding clothes in John Lewis I recently signed up to the freelance writing website http://www.clickworker.com/en/

On here you can write text, do research or translate for money. I signed up for the writing and before I was allowed to begin I was given a small test.

I had to write a 120 word film review . The film I chose was 'The Dark Knight Rises'. Weirdly I got a very specific mark for tis small piece but it was a pass and I am now embarking on my first paid writing pieces.

I was awarded a score of 83% and this is what I wrote...


'The Dark Knight Infuriates'

Christopher Nolan’s final installment to his Batman trilogy could not have been more hotly anticipated.

The film delivers a thrilling denouement, with all the explosions and impressive CGI we have come to expect. Bruce Wayne’s ‘happily ever after’ offers a sense of fulfillment, whilst Nolan’s portrayal of Robin as Batman’s legacy, rather than as his sidekick, offers excitement for the future.

The film, however, lacked the linchpin that made its predecessor a success. An exceptional villain. Bane was often indecipherable and his backstory ill-explained. Despite all his posturing Bane lacked the Joker’s depth of character.

In so many ways this film lived up to it’s billing, whilst in a few it came up staggeringly short.

No comments:

Post a Comment