Saturday 7 July 2012

Trap-Music?!

With Dubstep dying a slow and painful death - to the point you almost feel sorry for it - I'm now looking to new places to find that bass that makes you tingle.

My search has taken me back full circle to where I first satisfied my love of bass music...the world of Rap and Hip-Hop. The influences of bass-heavy electronic music have begun to sneak into modern Hip-Hop, as can be seen in a lot of Jay Z and Kanye's 'Watch The Throne' Album. Producers like Hit-Boy, Lunice and HudMo are gaining huge popularity in the production of Hip-Hop for major artists - whilst still producing their own individual pieces.

This more electronic and heavy-hitting form of Hip-Hop has been classified as 'Trap-Music' but I disagree with this obsession concerning genre in the music world. The artists themselves refer to it as Rap music - so that is what it is.

Regardless of its name I love it, and in the face of my previous music posts I present to you my Hip-Hop / 'Trap-Music' playlist. Just to add a bit more oomph to the chill that is Deep House.

P.S - check out Baauer's stuff on youtube if you like it - he's got a lot more but this is the only DL link i could find (same goes for Lunice)

P.P.S - end of July sees TNGHT (AKA Lunice X HudMo) release a record, if you like any of their individual stuff the tunes they have upcoming are sure to blow you away.

A$AP Rocky & Swizz Beatz - Street Knock

A$AP Rocky - Goldie

Baauer - Harlem Shake

Figgy - Talk That Talk

Gucci Mane - Party Animal (HudMo Remix)

Birdman - BBoyz

Zeds Dead & Omar LinX - No Prayer (Keys N Krates Remix)

And Finally....... A couple of videos.

Proof of the respect HudMo is gaining in the USA


Not really in keeping with the rest of the post but man I WISH I was in OddFuture they have too much fun making good tunes.




No comments:

Post a Comment